Friday 18 October 2013

Review | Primark Eyeliners

Hello there, I'm actually doing a beauty related post after what seems like far too many tags - I do apologise but I really enjoy doing them.. Ok, so I bought an eyeliner pen and two eyeliner pencils from Primark about a month ago and I have been using them all this week so I figure it's time to give you all the breakdown.


As you can see, the eyeliner pen was £1.50, they actually only charged me £1 at the counter though so I'm not sure whether it was a technical goof or the price was reduced but the sticker wasn't changed. The eyeliner pencils (which also came with a sharpener - ooh excitement!) were £1 which is really good value. I wasn't expecting any sort of good quality from these items but I was pleasantly surprised!

 I was so surprised from this eyeliner, I honestly think it'll be a repeat purchase. It stays on basically all day, that's during school right up until late evening which is great because I wanted to find a long lasting eyeliner so that when I go to Thorpe Park with school (next week) for fright night I can be sure my makeup will stay on. I'm not going to lie it smudges a bit the longer you wear it but seriously for £1 can you really complain? It's a felt tip type of eyeliner and I've never actually seen these types before but from looking at other blogs I know they exist I'm probably just not looking for it when I go out or I'm just an idiot but I really like that because it makes winged/cat eye eyeliner come out much better. Obviously it still doesn't come out even because cat eye eyeliner can't ever come out evenly, it's just the rule. This is why I have to have a side parting, it's to cover up the dodgy eye..




The eyeliner pencil I used for the first time today, I would compare it to Rimmel eyeliner pencils. You know the £2.99 ones, I used to use those all the time but considering I got 2 for £1 (should've been £1.50 haha..) I think I'll change to this. I don't use a lot of pencil eyeliner anymore but it's nice to have a tiny bit to touch up your eyes I think. This does smudge a bit but no more than the Rimmel ones, that being said this didn't smudge too much and you get a nice strong black colour which is nice. Again, I'm pleasantly surprised.








Well Primark, I'm sorry I judged you before when it came to makeup. I always thought Primark makeup would have be come out in red patches and burning skin but no I have been pleasantly surprised. So to you snobby people out there who refuse to buy anything from Primark because you're too high and mighty for it, think again next time you walk past.
Thanks for reading :)

6 comments:

  1. I have never tried anything from primarks beauty section but perhaps I should!
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either but now I'm so glad I did :)

      Delete
  2. I had the same feeling about makeup from Primark! These pencil sound amazing though.

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised really, amazing find :)

      Delete
  3. I've always ahd the same kind of attitude that you had haha...always a little bit scared to try primark's makeup. I still am like that, i'm worried that it'll make me explode in redness and scars! Maybe i'll have to step out of my comfort zone :)

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go! I think if it were foundation I'd give it a miss because you need to spread that more over your face but seriously try it :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, I read every single comment and it means so much that you have taken the time to comment - you my friend are pretty darn cool.